Renounce Malaysia Citizenship

17-Aug-20 - Due to COVID-19, the High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore does not open to the public. For any consular related matters, we must first email them (consular@mhc.org.sg) to book an appointment in advance. I emailed them on 17-Aug. Got a reply on the same day.

18-Aug-20 - Received email reply from Consular. The appointment Date is 18-Sep, 10AM (1 month later). Need to print this out as proof of appointment.

18-Sep-20 - >>>>>>> IT'S THE DAY! A Friday.

As I drive, I have figured out the best place to park (and cheap) is the HDB car park at Delta Avenue. I parked there. Walked to the Malaysia High Comm at Jervois Road.

500m, less than 10 min walk.



Reached the Malaysia High Comm at 9:24AM (earlier than my appointment at 10AM). People there already formed a long queue before the main guardhouse! Advice: Go early!.



The lady Indian security distributing the Health Declaration Form. Got it and filled up.

9:40AM, my turn to talk to the security. I showed him my appointment email printout and told him I wanted to go Consular office. The guy asked me for an ID for the exchange of a visitor badge. I passed him my Malaysia Driving License (btw, it was expired 😅). Note: He did not see my appointment was 10AM and let me in!

Walk along the corridors, 心情沉重.

......

The Consular Section is on the right side.

Once you reached the Consular Section. First, queued up to meet the officer, 8 people in front of me. He would verify your name if you indeed made an appointment. Then, he passed me 2 forms, one is BORANG K (the A4 white paper version) and MY-RN1. I filled it up using my own BLACK pen. Note: MUST be black pen. All in CAPITAL letters.

Once filled up, queue up again to pass to the same guy. The guy passed me 2 copies of yellow version of BORANG K (the real version) and corrected the mistake I made on the A4 white paper version. Obviously, the earlier version was just for my practice. Common mistake: Miss out to put Birth Cert Number on top.

The same guy also checked on my photocopies: 

  • 2 copies of ICA Final Approval letter (letter that mentioned "final stage", in fact, it is an pdf copy printout)
  • 2 copies of Malaysia IC
  • 2 copies of Singapore Blue IC
  • 2 copies of Malaysia Birth Cert

He put all those together with a paper clip.

Need to fill up the 2 copies of real BORANG K.


10:20AM, after filling up my BORANG K, I pressed the queue ticket.

10 mins later, been called to the counter.

Need to present these original docs:

  • Singapore Blue IC (they returned me on the spot)
  • Malaysia IC (surrendered, bye bye!)
  • Malaysia Passport (surrendered, bye bye!)
  • Birth Cert (they keep, will return to me after months later). MUST be laminated
  • ICA Final Approval letter (which is the same pdf soft copy that I printed above). Btw, I printed black-n-white only


I sit back and wait for payment.

10:40AM, been called to make a payment of S$10. Collection date is 23-Sep. 3 working days they needed. This means you need to come back to collect the MY-RN1 Acknowledgment Slip on the date they told you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection of Form K (BORANG K)

BORANG K