Formality - Registration of Singapore Citizenship

My earlier fixed ICA appointment was on 25-Sep-2020, just-in-time as I have got the Acknowledgment Slip from Malaysia Hign Comm on 23-Sep-2020.

What to bring:

I reached to ICA building 30 mins earlier (I drove, parked my car here). Did the SafeEntry Check-in and temperature check, proceed directly to level 6.

At level 6 self-kiosk machine, I tried to scan the barcode on the ICA letter, not successful. Then, I tired with my IC, it worked! Got the queue number.

Waited for about 40 mins, my queue number is called.

ICA officer was friendly. He explained to me the details. I signed on some docs, they took my biometrics details (thumbprints + 3 pictures took on the spot by the camera fixed on the table). He punched a hole on my blue IC, my blue IC is now useless. I have to keep the temporary IC slip instead. Note: Digital IC is another way to prove your identity.

Officer told me that I can apply for my Singapore Passport online the next day.

Citizenship Certificate will be given only during the citizenship ceremony. Schedule to be later stage due to COVID.

DONE. Then, my queue number was called to the Oath taking room. I stood out and raised my right hand, read out loud the oath and signed. I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A SINGAPOREAN.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collection of Form K (BORANG K)

BORANG K

Renounce Malaysia Citizenship